Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Still Colouring

FairieGirl1
I opened up my digital stamp image from my computer. This is what the image looks like when you open it in Photoshop Elements. (My favorite program of all time). Use this even for Digital layouts and templates for scrapbooking.

FairieGirl1 blog 2
Then, using photoshop, I bucket fill the image with the RGB colours that match the Stampin Up cardstock. This ensures me that the colour will match the cardstock I want to use for the card or scrapbook page. Still looks a little Blah. Just like a colour in page.

FairieGirl1 coloured
Now, with a little burn and dodge tool included in Photoshop Elements, I add shading and light to make the image look more blended and water coloured. I will post the card I made using this process when I stick it all together.




Before I colour an image, I make sure that I have saved it under another name.  EG ‘girl’ was the original file name, so I save another one called ‘girl coloured’. That way you can colour in as many images as you like.
Most importantly, have fun. This process becomes very addictive when you get the hang of it.

1 comment:

  1. wow this looks really good. Ypu now have me thinking I have so many Digi Stamps saved on my computer as well as photoshop that I have never used so I may just have to try this out.
    TFS
    Fiona

    ReplyDelete