Friday, June 3, 2011

One for Dad


Here is the latest card I have made for my boys to give to their father for either Birthday or Fathers Day. Not quite sure which one as yet, because they are only one month apart. We Australians celebrate Fathers Day in September, so I guess I am ahead with this one.


I used Crumb Cake, Night of Navy, Whisper White and Real Red. I am quite hooked on these colours at the moment. I used matching Designer papers, label punch cut in half, string for the button, real red brads and a button that I found in my stash, that just happened to have the right colours in it. I was going to use some of my On Board letters, but I pulled out and dusted off my Cricut machine and cut the letters from Night of Navy Designer Paper instead. I can't believe I have not used my Cricut for such a long time now. Almost two years. Wow. Is that a sign of having toooooo much stuff or what?


I have used the inspiration of Verve Stamps for this card, although when I look at the original to the finished card here, there really isn't much that is the same.

2 comments:

  1. Stunning card, Paula! The colors and patterns you chose compliment each other wonderfully!!! Really love it! Thanks for playng along with Birhtday Sundaes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like being ahead of the game!! Love the DSP combination. Glad you joined us at SUO Challenges!

    ReplyDelete