Wednesday, January 29, 2014

DIY Photo Light Box


The theme for this weeks challenge over at Stampin Royalty is ANYTHING but a card. I am guessing that this little project I made would cover the anything part. I decided that I was not very good at taking photos of my finished cards, so I jumped on the ever faithful Pinterest and found a few of these Photo Light boxes. I made this one out of stiff cardboard (Newsagents) and cut three square windows. One on the top and both sides. I then covered the sides with Tracing paper, (that's all I had on hand). There is a sheet of cut down A3 paper stuck on the back of the box, and there you have it. A home made (inexpensive) Photo Light Box. I will let you know how it works out. 


Before Photo light box.

After Photo light box.



9 comments:

  1. Very clever. So simple and yet super effective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patrice. The photo box was a very easy project to make. And extremely we'll used. Hope you have a go at making one for yourself.

      Delete
  2. This is fabulous! I have a homemade one too, much bigger with foam core board from Walmart. But I love the sweet simplicity of this and it works beautifully! TFS! The card is precious too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi LeAnne. I am thinking of making another one, although this time it may be slightly bigger. Thanks for your comments.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing this simple but very effective idea - I am as you were, pretty hopeless at photography which has made me stop blogging - now I hope I can perfect my pictures.
    Best Wishes from a wet, wet, wet, Northern Ireland - could you send some of your summer sun over here?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make that light box and keep blogging. See comment below :)

      Delete
  4. Great ideas - must try. Thanks for sharing. Marina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Joyce from across the pond. Thank you for commenting on my blog :) I would love to send some of our Summer weather across to you. We are all melting with 45 degree temperatures across the country at the moment. Too hot.

    ReplyDelete