Friday, November 4, 2011

Flower Fancy - Thinking of You


Well, firstly I had to borrow this stamp set from a good friend of mine. Thanks Shirley. Secondly I have decided that I would enter it into two challenges this week, as I have not done any challenges for a while. There is a list of supplies I have used on the bottom of this post, although, until SU Australia decided that we will have online ordering, they will just take you to my Stampin Up home page, but you can drop me an email if you would like anything ordered. It's all a bit of fun. It is a little hard to see, but I have covered the front of the card with vellum, to tone down the brightness of the flowers. (Must remember to find a photography class online somewhere). The two challenges are:

Freshly Made Sketches - FMS9
SUO Challenge 31 - Thinking of You




11 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful card, and I like the idea of using the vellum to tone colors down. Thanks for participating in the SUO Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The vellum is such a wonderful way to tone down the colors. I may have to teach this technique at my next class! Thanks for the inspiration, and thanks for playing with Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the use of the vellum! Thanks for joining us at SUO Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! The effect with the vellum is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, my two favorite challenges all in one beautiful card! The flowers are spectacular and I love how you have used the vellum. So glad you joined both SUO Challenges and Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my favorite color combos - pink & green! This is such a lovely card an, like the others have said, the vellum is a great touch. Thanks for joining us at SUO Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad Shirley let you use the stamp set! Gorgeous card, great use of vellum, and beautiful color combination. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great card Paula ...that stamp set is beautiful and with the addition of the vellum it creates a lovely subtle tone and an elegance to the card!
    Thank you for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the vellum overlay - what a great way to soften the flowers. It is something I have to remember to try - you did a great job with it. Thanks for playing along with Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous! Love how you created your own DSP!!! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh, I haven't used that stamp set in ages and you've reminded me how pretty is it with this wonderful card. I love how you used the vellum too. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete