Thursday, March 1, 2012

SU Birthday Challenge




Here is a female birthday card I made last weekend and finished off this morning. I saw a card on Mary Fish (stampin Pretty) blog with the same fold, so I thought I would give it a go as well.

Supplies Used:
Whisper white and Pretty in Pink card
Pretty in Pink Designer Paper
Pretty in Pink Ribbon (Satin) and buttons
Sizzix top note die and small leaves
Small dots embossing folder
Heat Gun and White Embossing Powder
Vellum
Pretty in Pink and Rose Red Marker

So a brief run down on how I made this: The little secret I have learned here is to emboss on the vellum, then turn the vellum over and colour on the back side of the rose. Add a few little shadows here and there, and hey presto. Done.

BLOG UPDATE: Check this out. Thank You SUO.


11 comments:

  1. This is simply stunning, Paula! Beautiful card, cool fold, perfect details! Glad you joined us at SUO Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowzers, this is beautiful! Thanks for joining SUO Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this card took my breath away! I love pink roses and that stamp set! I am going to have to case your project and then turn it into a scrapbook page! WOW WOW WOW! thank you for your idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, this is a breath-taking card! Absolutely gorgeous!!! I will case this.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!!! Gorgeous! What ink did you use? Was it Versamark or white craft?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! This would be hard to give away!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH PAULA!!!!!! This is just gorgeous!! My mouth is still open and on the floor. Thanks for sharing.

    Blessings,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete